We hope that this site will provide you with information on what we feel is the finest police department in the country.
Mayor of Memphis - A C Wharton, Jr.
Director of Police - Toney Armstrong
- The Memphis Police Department continues to seek improvements in the quality of the services it provides to the people living in or visiting Memphis. As part of the effort to improve services, we ask that you share your opinions about the Memphis Police Department and the services we provide. Please take a few moments to complete this survey. Your honest feedback is invaluable to our planning process.
- CyberWatch is a part of our continuing effort to make our neighborhoods safer. It provides useful information about public safety such as reported crimes, incident mapping, and frequent offender database. Citizens may use CyberWatch to submit tips and as an additional way to communicate with local law enforcement. Go to the CyberWatch link for additional information: http://cyberwatch.memphispolice.org
- City Watch is a computer based, Inbound/Outbound messaging system that delivers 500-800 calls per hour. It can deliver separate messages at the same time to various lists and sends out email & fax messages. This program is free to al citizens
- Access your crash report around the clock by using the LexisNexis® comprehensive database.LexisNexis® RiskSolutions is the largest provider of police reports in the nation and currently manages relationships with over 18,000 agencies across the U.S. and Canada.
- Use the Memphis Police Department's Ward Finder to locate your precinct and ward based on address information.
- Pay any outstanding traffic summons or citation tickets. All you need is the citation number of the ticket issued to you, your drivers license number or last name and date of birth along with a valid credit card.
- Crime Stoppers provides a telephone number and Web Tips to encourage citizens in the community to volunteer vital information helpful to law enforcement agencies to fight against crime.
- This database contains the listings of persons who have been processed into the Shelby County Jail and lists the charge(s) for which they were originally detained. Individuals contained in this database have been arrested, but have not necessarily been found guilty in a court of law.
- The list is current at the time of posting. This database is updated hourly and therefore recent changes in the status of warrants may not be reflected NO ATTEMPT SHOULD BE MADE TO APPREHEND THESE INDIVIDUALS EXCEPT BY LAW ENFORCEMENT OR PEACE OFFICERS. SOME INDIVIDUALS MAY BE ARMED AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED DANGEROUS.
- Information contained on this website is based on information provided by the offender to the registering agency. This information is subject to change at any time based on an offender's change in circumstances or law enforcement's discovery that information provided to them is false.
- Whether you are a parent wondering about your kid's new friend, an employer checking out a potential hire, a landlord looking into a tenant's background, curious about a blind date or potential mate, we have you covered. With Instant Background Checks you can inquire into an individual's past discreetly and efficiently. Knowledge is power so use it wisely, please.
The City of Memphis, including the Memphis Police Department, does not discriminate based on race, color, or national origin in Federal or State sponsored programs, services and activities, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d). The Memphis Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.